Thursday, April 23, 2009

New Ears

So this past weekend Tad had a three day weekend because he is getting ready to leave for the field (AGAIN). So we took advantage of getting away. Last week I was talking to my friend Brenda. (this is Brenda) She has a baby who is about three months younger then Madelyne and she just pierced her baby's ears. I was telling her I wanted to wait until Maddie was one, but she said that they recommend doing it before them because then they know that they are there and they tend to mess with them more and even possibly pull them out. So when we left post we decided to do it. Maddie actually did quite well as Tad told me. I could not be in the room with her while I knew somebody was inflicting pain on my child. So I handed her to Tad and ran out of the room hehe. They told him to hold on to her hands and head and pound they put the earrings in. Tad said she just looked up at him and gave him a look like " daddy what did you do to me" I then came running back into Claires and she had her arms out to me. " Mommy mommy get daddy away from me haha" For some reason I can not see her get shots or go through any kind of torture whatsoever. Needless to say she is so fashionable now and styling.
So we have been cleaning them three times a day like they tell you to, and twisting them ect. The last thing I need is for my daughter to get a infection in her precious little ears.
Obviously we did not get pictures of the actual piercing because I could not have stand to watch it let alone take a picture of it and Tad was a little busy holding her. From what I heard they did it so fast it would have been hard to get a picture anyway. on the bright side though, maybe people now will stop asking me if she is a boy or girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment