Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter



We had a very good Easter. Tad and I went and got some books, stuffed animals. and filled little eggs with Gerber snacks for Maddie. While we were there Tad informed me he needed a basket to. I wondered why and he said it was for his Jo's. Not thinking I just said ok pick one out. So we went home to put maddies basket together I was very excited and Tad said ok I have to give you your present tonight (tad gets quite excited and cannot keep secrets). I had no idea he got me anything. So he went out in the garage and brought me in a Easter basket filled with candy and a cd that I wanted. I was shocked I never would have thought he would have gotten me anything. The next morning we got up to give maddie her presents. I think we were more excited than she was. She had a lot of fun tearing it apart and getting into everything. We then got ready for church. I got Maddie the cutest little Easter dress from Macy's and I was anxious to put her in it. We sat with our friends the Lacy's Our ward here at Ft Irwin is quite small being a Military family moving is quite often and so sometimes we go there and no no one so it was nice to go and see a familiar face. After church we took maddie to a post Easter function were they have a big Easter egg hunt she obviously did not participate, but it was sun watching our friends kids. From there we came home changed clothes and went over to our friends the Lacy's house for Easter dinner. It was really good. There were a few other people there as well and they put on a Easter egg hunt outside for the kids.
It was all over a really good day and a day to ponder the Resurrection of our savior. It is something I need to work on focusing on this more than just one day. Everyday should be Easter.

2 comments: