Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Easter





This Easter Madelyne was a lot more involved than she was last year. I purchased dye to dye the eggs but thought that it was probably not the greatest idea to let Madelyne help out with that project. So my sister and I dyed them the night before so that the Easter bunny could hide them that night. The next morning Madelyne had a suprise from the Easter Bunny she got a great basket filled with lots of goodies. She loved her little basket. I think her favorite thing in it was the bubbles. Watching her go outside and pick up eggs was quite entertaining. I laughed the whole time. I didn't know if she would quite get the whole concept of pick the egg up and put it in the basket. Well she did a little to much. She would pick up the egg and literally throw it as hard as she could into the basket. It was like a race around the yard to see how many eggs she could get. If she could have picked them all up at once I think that she would have. I don't think that she knew she was the only one out there picking up eggs. We didn't have church that day but listened to a great General Conference. It was just what I needed to hear that day. That evening my Grandparents came over and we had a really nice dinner. Earlier that day I got a little worried because I could not feel the baby move and I had been leaking some fluid. I called the family birthplace and the nurse told me to drink something really cold, lay on my side and if I had not felt the baby after about half hour to come in. Well I did it and it worked I was just a little frightened about my leaking of fluid. Later that night at dinner with all the Grandmas and Grandpas everyone started to freak out about the whole situation and insisted that I go to the hospital. I just wanted to eat pie. So before I could eat pie I was told to get in the car an that we are leaving. I got to the hospital they did a test to see if I was leaking fluid turns out I was not. I was dilated to a 2 and the baby was moving on the monitor. Turns out he was just running out of room in there and could not move as much as he used to. The nurse came in and said before I could go home she had to call the dc and see what he said I just started whinning and complaining. I really wanted to leave. All I could do was look at her and say " I just really want my pie". She started cracking up and left the room. My dad was out in the hall way and heard her tell the dc on the phone she just really wants to go home and have her Easter pie. She was a really nice lady as most of the nurses at the Family Birth place are. I was let home and had to pieces of delicious Easter pie. Just to be on the safe side though since it looked I could go into labor before my scheduled c section we called Tad and told him it was a good idea to come home. I got him a flight for the next day. Over all it was a great day and I still got pie.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I love that you just wanted pie. Makes perfect sense to me! Cute Easter pics too!

    ReplyDelete