Monday, January 18, 2010

San Diego


So this blog actually should have been before my pregnancy blog my bad. The week before Tad and I found out we were expecting Tad took me to San Diego to celebrate my birthday. We had so much fun! We went to Sea World and the Zoo and just had fun traveling around. Sea world was definitely the highlight of the trip. I did not realize everything that is there. It was so much fun watching all the different shows and seeing the wildlife. Just a hint of advice when they say "splash zone" at the shows they really mean it. We sat at the back of the splash zone in the shows and thought that we would be ok.. Nope were so soaked at the end of each show, the whether was so warm though it honestly felt really good. Tad took Madelyne to the little section where there are kiddie rides and took Madelyne on the rides. I am not sure who had more fun or who was the kid here Maddie or Tad. I think the highlight of Sea World was the Shamu show, at the beginning of it they have anybody in the military stand up and give them a thank you. Everyone started clapping and I just sat there so proud of my husband and the survive that he has given this country. I started bawling like a baby. This should have been my first clue that I was pregnant. The next day we went to the Zoo my stupid self thought we could get it done in one day and still have time to go and see some other things around San Diego errr WRONG!!!!! We didn't even get through the whole Zoo in the day that Zoo is so amazing they have everything. I got to feed a giraffe which was very cool and I learned a lot of new animals as well. Madelyne enjoyed looking at all the animals, but fell asleep for a lot of it. Word of advice when going there wear tennis shoes. The place is huge and you will be walking all over the place. We also found out that Madelyne is allergic to goats. They have a petting zoo there for little kids and madelyne went nuts playing with the animals. After she was done like a good parent I took her over to the washing station and washed her hands ect. About 2-5 min later I realized that she had hives everywhere and her eyes were swelling shut. Of course I panicked but Tad went and got some baby benydryl and made everything all better. I would really recommend going down there it was so much fun and I cant wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment