Thursday, January 28, 2010

Holiday's


So this year the holidays came and went. To me they went by way to fast. I love the holidays. I love spending time with my husband, going and picking out the perfect gifts, spending to much money of course. The holidays are just my favorite time of the year. I think that the one reason why I really love them lately is I actually get to see my husband for more than a couple of days straight and I feel like I am a married woman and not a single mother having some man come and visit sometimes. We spent Thanksgiving, Christmas at my parents house it was great. New Years we went out to my brothers for a little family party and sledding. I of course did not sled but I ate lot of food and watched people play wii. Thanksgiving Tad was only home a couple of days but it was nice to see him. Christmas was really the highlight. We got to go on dates while my parents babysat Madelyne, it felt awesome to be able to spend time together. Christmas morning was fun we all got up and did the normal routine this year Madelyne was more into her presents so it was a lot of fun watching her open presents. A couple of her highlight gifts were a new sled, car seat, and little chair. Tad and I went a little over board on each other and decided that since next Christmas we will have two bundle of joys it will be not such a dent in the checkbook if we only get each other one present a piece. I need to focus more on what the holidays are more about and not about spending a bunch of money on presents. I just really like to watch people open them and look at there reaction. I think since I have stated a family of my own the holidays are just completely different to me. When I was younger I could not even sleep Christmas Eve because I was so excited to open presents and see all my new additions. Now I cannot sleep because I am so excited to see my family open there presents. I guess I am still a kid in a way. Overall the holidays were a lot of fun and I am so thankful for them and my family. I am truly blessed with a amazing husband, wonderful parents, and the most precious daughter.

1 comment:

  1. Just discovered your blog! Now I can follow Maddie's fashion-too fun!

    ReplyDelete