Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The prince has arrived

On April 12th at 9:21 am we were blessed with Garrison Glen Carson. I had a scheduled c section for that morning. When we went in we thought it was going to be all fine and dandy. As they wheeled me in to the o.r the anesthesiologist started to put my epidural in and kept hitting my spine. It hurt so bad. I just looked at the nurse who I was hunched over and said do you mind if I cuddle with you. She just laughed at me and help me tighter to try and comfort me. Tad said he got a little teary eyed seeing the pain that I was in and watching them try to put the epidural in. He tried four times before my blood pressure dropped really really low and I started to pass out. All I remember was feeling very very hot and feeling very nauseated. The dc then told me that because my blood pressure went so low they had to put me completely under. This crushed me. I really wanted to see my baby born. With Madelyne they let Tad stay by my head for the whole thing. This time maybe because I was all the way under they had Tad stay in a corner and kept kicking him out of the room. So I guess it was kind of emotional for both of us. I was having a hard time with the whole birth thing anyways because of the birth of the twin. It was hard for me knowing that I was not going to be able to take that baby home with us and be a apart of our family. It was almost comforting knowing that I was still carrying the baby but knowing that they were going to take the baby out of me and do all sorts of tests on it was very hard for me. I do not think I will ever completely heal from it. I will always let out son know that he was a twin though and that Heavenly Father just had other plans for that sweet spirit. Waking up from the anesthesia was horrible. With Madelyne I was numb so I did not feel the cutting and tearing. With this delivery as soon as Garrison was born I woke up and the pain was excruciating. Tad said I was just moaning "give me more drugs". I would not recommend going under for a delivery. I had a really hard time waking up from the drugs and really did not get to bond with my baby until the next day. It was really hard and emotional for me. I am grateful for a wonderful husband who comforted him and held him while I was having problems waking up. My stay at the hospital was over all very good. I love Memorial the staff and nurses there are so great and so caring for there patients. Walking after a c section is murder but I was determined to do it. I remember with Madelyne they told me the sooner I got up the faster I would heal. I got up as soon as I could and like to think I am healing faster because of it. We are so grateful that Garrison is finally here. He is such a blessing in our lives. I am grateful that Heavenly Father blessed me and trusted me with these sweet babies that I have. I love my children so much and so grateful that I have a eternal family.






2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that it was such a horrible ordeal the day of your delivery. You have had such a rough go of it from the beginning of this pregnancy, yet, you have stayed optimistic and funny through it all! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lindsay, you're awesome! Good luck with two kids. Garrison looks like one fine fellow.
    -Jordan

    ReplyDelete