Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Trip home

So Tad left for the field AGAIN, so I was like bye bye Maddie and I are headed home. So Maddie and I went to the airport and flew to Yakima. We were there for just shy of two weeks. I could not believe how cold it was (at least to us) Our bodies are now adjusted to California weather and the day before we left it had already reached a scorching 101 degress. It has now already gotten up to 111. I love going home. I love my family. How I wish Tad and I lived back in yakima. I remember the days when I could not WAIT to leave there. I hated Yakima I now want nothing more that to live there. While we were there we decided to go to the Oregon Coast it was also freezing there as well. We had so much fun just visiting the little shops in Seaside and Cannon Beach. I love the beach. It is such a peacfull place. I wish Tad had the opportunity to be there with me. We also did some climbing on rocks and just explored the beach area. While climbing on rocks we kinda lost track of time and when we started to come back we realized that the tide was coming in and quite close to us on the rocks. It had already covered some of them. So we hurried as fast as we could down. I got quite freaked out the Sea was going to swallow me up and I was going to be eaten by sharks. I am glad my dad was packing Madelyne in the back pack, because when we were coming down I was in such a hurry I slipped on a rock and fell pretty hard. The pain didnt set in until late though I was just focused on survivng when I reached land and felt a sigh of relief I also felt a lot of pain lol.
We went back to Yakima after a fun couple of days. I also had the opportunity to spend some quality time with my grandma who is battling cancer at this time. She is such a strong person. I have never seen anyone go to chemo and keep on the move like she does. She loves Maddie. It is so funny watching those two together. While home we also celebrated mothers day. I had my grandma over and cooked her and my mom a really nice dinner with a really yummy desert. I had a really good time. I am so thanfull for such a wonderful family. Oh the day when I am no longer a army wife and we can just settle down.

No comments:

Post a Comment